Since 1980, The Debbie Leraas Children’s Center has offered a vibrant learning community dedicated to providing a nurturing, secure environment with enriching and developmentally appropriate experiences for children. It is a place where each child's uniqueness is celebrated, with unconditional love and support, with strong emphasis placed on:
- Individual learning
- Emergent, child-centered curriculum
- Nature immersion
- Family engagement
- Play-based sensorial learning
- Social and emotional development
The Children’s Center offers a fully-licensed Preschool & Pre-K with full and half-day options as well as before and after school care for children in Kindergarten through 6th grade during the school year. Preschool and Youth Summer Camp Programs are provided during the summer.
Position Summary. This position requires a warm, relational disposition; comprehensive knowledge and understanding of developmental stages of children and best practices in Early Childhood Education. This Lead Teacher position is available December 2019 – June 2020 with the potential to continue permanently. This position is teaching a PreK classroom with planning and parent communication time included. Ideally, the work schedule would be 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. but there is some flexibility with scheduling.
Lead Teacher. Independently manage a classroom of 9 children using play/emergent-based curriculum. Plan and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum based on children’s needs and interests using provided materials. Build positive relationships with families and other staff.
Preparing Materials. Proper labeling and storing of classroom supplies.
Classroom Clean Up. To assure safety, be sure center is free of clutter, debris, hazards, tools, and dangerous substances that could be swallowed or inhaled. Make sure the playground is in good repair.
Inventory Management. Monitor inventory and supplies; communicate with Director regarding needed supplies.
- Minimum requirement is an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a Child Development Associate; Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Previous classroom experience or practicum work, experience as a lead teacher preferred.
- First Aid / CPR – can be obtained after job offer
- Food Handlers Permit – can be obtained after job offer
- Blood Born Pathogens Training – can be obtained after job offer
- Stars ID
- Background check and fingerprinting through DCYF
- Childcare basics training
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS and ATTRIBUTES:
- Leadership skills; organizational skills; calm demeanor
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Patient with children
- Able to communicate with both children and parents
THIS POSITION IS 40 HOURS PER WEEK AND OFFERS A COMPETITIVE PAY RATE AND GENEROUS BENEFITS.
Start Date: Winter 2019