Church Council March 6 Meeting Updates
The Church Council of Edmonds UMC met on Tuesday, March 6.
- Staff-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) is receiving applications for the part-time Church Administrator position. The application deadline is March 14.
- The Finance Team reported the 2018 budget is well inline and as expected. A brief Charge Conference will be held during the regular Church Council meeting on April 3, at 7:00p.m., to approve the pastors’ compensation.
- The Worship Team has created beautiful banners for our sanctuary that fit with Pastor Sandy's Journey of Stones sermon series perfectly. The team is inviting those wishing to help with Holy Week to attend their next meeting on March 13.
- Lynn Heitritter gave an update on the Refugee Resettlement ministry and it’s moving forward with 20 committed volunteers and 40 interested participants. Before the team can accept a refugee family, all volunteers will to fill out an application, pass a background check and be trained to work with incoming families. The Church Council will vote on creating a formal relationship with Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service at a forthcoming meeting.
- The Immigration Team has been reading the book Our God is Undocumented and has been discussing it each week. After the book discussion church discernment will continue on becoming a Sanctuary Church for immigrants through spring and will make a decision by summer.
- Family Ministries received a $10,000 grant from the organization Kids and Race to develop Vacation Bible School curriculum about race and have conversations surrounding the topic.
- EUMC’s Gun Violence Protection Group is partnering with Alliance for Gun Responsibility to bring about legislation to protect our children and families from gun violence.
Full meeting minutes can be found in the member log-in section of the website: http://edmondsumc.org/ourchurch/member-login.
The next Church Council meeting will be held on April 3, at 7:00p.m. in the Chapel. All congregants of Edmonds UMC are welcome to attending council meetings.