75% fte (30 hrs/wk)
Edmonds United Methodist Church (EUMC) seeks an outstanding Custodian who enjoys working in a collaborative environment and is looking for an opportunity to expand experience and build skill sets. The Custodian is responsible for maintaining the building by performing routine janitorial duties necessary to keep the EUMC facility in a clean and orderly condition while maintaining building and occupant safety. This position reports to the Building Manager.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum floors and carpets;
- Empty trash;
- Clean, sanitize, and disinfect restrooms, showers and drinking fountains;
- Dust and clean furniture, blinds, windows and equipment;
- Set up and tear down rooms for meetings, lectures and other facility usage events;
- Lock and unlock outdoor building and interior room doors;
- Wash windows.
- Perform minor maintenance on building and equipment.
- Identify and correct safety hazards.
ADDITIONAL EXPECTATIONS: This position may be required to work a split shift on occasion. Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license. Weekly work schedule will be Wednesday through Saturday with a 7:00 a.m. start time and Sunday with a 1:00 p.m. start time. The total hours per day will be determined on a weekly basis contingent on church schedule and needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Prior work experience as a Custodian. Ability to lift 40 pounds. Ability to stand for long periods of time. Ability to work at heights twelve feet and above while standing on a ladder. Ability to lift boxes, equipment, and other items over head while standing on a ladder. Ability to work in tight spaces.