50% fte (20 hrs/week)
Edmonds United Methodist Church (EUMC) mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We are doing just that, every day!
If you would like to be the spiritually mature Christian leader in the business office of EUMC, we invite you to apply for our new position of Business Administrator (half-time/20 hrs wk).
This position reports to the lead pastor and is an integral part of carrying out our mission through effective staff empowerment, communication and best practices.
POSITION PURPOSE: The primary function of the Church Administrator is to support the many worship, education and service activities of the church by overseeing its budget, HR, administrative and facility systems.
Operations and Leadership
- Supervise and manage the work of the church office including IT applications, security and Building Manager.
- Provide oversight and supervision of capital improvements, purchases, maintenance and capital budgets, as well as insurance.
- Serve as a contributing member of the Board of Trustees, Finance Committee and the Church Council.
- Oversee human resources functions.
- Lead annual negotiation and renewal of health, dental, and vision insurance benefits for church staff.
- Design and oversee hiring process and on-boarding of all new employees.
- In collaboration with the Finance Director compile the annual budget and oversee its implementation and interpretation.
- Provide strong involvement in logistical design and organizational support to the annual stewardship campaign.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in finance and administration.
- Four of more years of experience in finance, administration, and operations.
- Strong written and oral communications skills; finance and budgeting skills; planning, staff supervision and organizational skills. Ability to work with volunteers in a supportive and appreciative manner.
- Willingness to become familiar with the United Methodist Church, including knowledge and support of our church’s full acceptance of the LBGT community and our strong social justice witness.
- Working knowledge of typical database programs and MS Office applications.
- Direct experience in a leadership/management role in a church or non-profit.
SALARY: $27,706/year plus pension and pro-rated vacation and sick leave accrual. This is a part-time exempt (salaried) position.