50% fte (20 hrs/week)
Edmonds United Methodist Church (EUMC) seeks a high energy, spiritually mature Christian with a strong sense of calling to ministry to serve in a senior staff capacity as Church Administrator. The Church Administrator is responsible for directing, managing, and overseeing the operations functions of EUMC. The ideal candidate will be able to empower others, be an effective and proven delegator, and have a passion for working with staff, members of the congregation, and the general public. This individual will be open minded, approachable, flexible and adaptable, a creative thinker and problem solver, and share a desire to fulfill the vision of EUMC. This position supervises the Office Coordinator and the Building Manager and reports to the Lead Pastor.
POSITION PURPOSE: The primary function of the Church Administrator is to manage and oversee church operations to ensure the various ministries of EUMC function smoothly and efficiently to meet the needs of the congregation and the larger community.
Operations and Leadership
- Supervise and manage the work of the Office Coordinator and Building Manager;
- Oversee and manage the insurance needs of the church and collaborate with Trustees to ensure EUMC is adequately insured. Respond to all insurance claims as they arise;
- Oversee the security of the church, the Children’s Center, and the Food Bank;
- Oversee and manage building, equipment, and IT issues providing on-site support and serving as the point person for the management of building, equipment, and IT vendor appointments;
- Oversee and manage the use of church vehicles and oversee driver scheduling.
- Provide oversight and supervision of capital improvements, purchases, and budget maintenance;
- Serve as a contributing member of the Board of Trustees and the Church Council.
- Provide oversight and management of the human resources functions;
- Process the annual renewal of health, dental, and vision insurance;
- Process changes in benefits for health care and pension for administrative, Food Bank, and Children’s Center staff;
- Work with Staff-Parish Relations on hiring committees;
- On-board all new employees. Conduct new employee orientation;
- In collaboration with the Finance Director create the annual budget for staff salaries and benefits based on hiring agreements.
- Oversee the development, operation, and maintenance of the membership management database using the Servant Keeper software;
- Support and assist the stewardship campaign for planning of operations as needed.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in finance and administration;
- Four of more years of experience in finance, administration, and operations.
- Demonstrated written and oral communications skills; finance and budgeting skills; planning and organization skills;
- Familiarity and/or willingness to become familiar, and support, the United Methodist Church tradition and theology.
- Working knowledge of the church management software Servant Keeper, calendar programs, MS Office;
- Direct experience in a leadership/management role in a church or non-profit.
APPLICATION STEPS: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Edmonds United Methodist Church, 828 Caspers Street, Edmonds, WA 98020 for priority consideration. Position will remain open until filled.
SALARY: $27,706/year plus pension and pro-rated vacation and sick leave accrual.